Derby Whirlwind....

Hey  Guys, so this has been somewhat of a "Whirlwind" of a weekend. On Friday the hubs and I made our way up to Kentucky from Oxford, Ms. He is working on his MFA there and had final critiques earlier that morning! I went on a 4mi run (I  had to get it in)  around the campus while waiting on him to finish his critique ( he did a wonderful job)!! We were both operating off of adrenaline , especially after getting only 4 hours of sleep!!!

Earlier that week we were trying to figure out the best way to get to Louisville in time for his performance! You know he only confirmed this event with me about eight days prior ( Super  Bussssyyy)! We checked the airlines for flights and they would all put us behind schedule.  Then we did the math and both agreed that driving would be our best option! So we put the pedal to the metal and made it just in time to get dressed and set up for the "TWIN"'s performance at the "Grand Gala".

This was my first time  going to the "Grand Gala"(Kentucky Derby) although my hubs and his brother have been the feature artists many times before.  I asked him what should I wear and he told me it was a cocktail party. Now, I  have mentioned to you guys before that I do not  function well under pressure .  I like to try on all of my outfits  before but I had been very busy at work and preparing Ken for Junior Prom.   Whenever, I have to go to an event , I feel as if I don't have anything to wear ...( Crazy I know)!  So....I felt that I needed something new to wear ( Why Not?)!  I ordered a couple of dresses and they didn't fit well at All!! So,  I  had  to settle on some pieces from my  own wardrobe. Next year or  whenever , I go back I will be more prepared! Thanks for Taking a look :)
      
It rained all day long on Kentucky Derby Day so yes I was still a little wet....!

I love the back of this dress!

Selfie before I head down to the Gala..

There was no sun the entire day but I wanted a pic with my Sunnies on though!:)

I borrowed  this  hat from my friend Dee at the last minute. It's from Neiman Marcus...love it!
Dress is from an online boutique.. It was a little big in the (sm) up top! I need to get it altered next time I wear this it will be with flats!

I 'm so glad I didn't wear  over 4 inch heels!!!(Cold , Rainy and Standing .... I made the right decision)!

I'm so glad that I packed some cardies..They came in handy !!

I finally found out how to do a bun on my thick natural hair without heat!Yaay!!


The back of my dress from Zara last summer.....!

Oh I forgot to mention that Brandy was staying on the same floor as we were and she complimented my outfit!! So stoked!!:)
I love these Steve Madden Silver Sandals...!

Scottie Pippen, Larsa and me...!

The official panting of the "Grand Gala" by the  artists "TWIN"


I love the festive hats and outfits...I just wish it didn't rain the whole time!


Sequin Bag, and jewels that I purchased from Target. last year.:)!!

Jennifer Hudson was the musical entertainment for the Derby...

The Hubs and I at the Gala..I appreciate your comments...xoxo Motifmana