An Ode to "May"….!

Hi lovelies, I am sooooo sorry that I haven't posted in such a long time!!! Please charge it to me not having 34 hours in a day rather than 24!:) Lately, it seems as if all of my days have been running together. Moreover, this past "May" takes the cake for the busiest month of the year from my perspective. I  use to think that  December was the busiest month of the year but it seems as if , "May" takes the prize. Especially since my sweet girl, Kennedy Alexandria, graduated from High school, May 17, 2014…!:) I am super proud of her!!! She was a few points away from having a 4.0 GPA while juggling: three jobs ( babysitting, Chic'fila and after school care at ECS lower school). She also played lacrosse, stayed active in clubs and church. No, she was not made to do any of those things; she has a strong work ethic!:) Not to mention, having me as an over-protective and sometimes over-bearing mom!:))) Thank God for his Grace and Provision!!! She will be attending American University in Washington, DC this Fall. I'm super proud and excited!!! "May"was filled with so many great times and many celebrations! Take a look.
                                    
May 31,  celebrating with Quita at her pre-bday celebration party…I'm wearing a hot pink halter jumpsuit that I picked up in NYC last summer!

 The birthday girl is wearing a Phillip Lim for Target shirt dress
and The Limited sandals…! I'm wearing Christian Louboutin platforms!!
Ken and her friend Betsy with their principal..Mr. L! He is one nice guy..!
Mother's Day 2014…I'm wearing a black  polka dot dress that I purchased a few years ago.
  I believe that I bought it from an online store and Chanel sandals.
Mommy and daughter…Ken is wearing a F21 Maxi dress and Kimono!
We had a DIY Photo Booth at Ken's Grad party and it was so much fun!!
Mana, Meko and  Quita..!
I'm with two of my former students at  Frayser High school's graduation, May 24, 2014.
 I'm wearing an orange/hot pink dress from F21 from a few years ago and Zara sandals.

My cousin /brother came to stay with us for a little over a week and he had never been to Nashville.
  So, we drove up for Memorial Day. We had so much fun; he is a huge fan of the Titans.

At the  unveiling of the mural my hubs and his  brother painted  on May 12th  for the new opening at Methodist Hospital South! Super Proud of them..! 
Cousin/Bro and Hubs at Frayser's graduation May 24, 2014!
Ken and a friend..! ECS graduation May 17, 2014
Ken's Cake, we also had cupcakes and so many other sweets..!#yummy
Ken preaching at the Senior Recognition Sunday.. #Proudmommy

We made this advice box for Ken…It was such a cute idea!

The weather was so icky out on May 17th but nothing could ruin our day!
I'm wearing a Calvin Klein taupe dress and Calvin Klein snakeskin sandals.
 Ken is wearing a Gap eyelet tube dress and Target flats which was the official dress attire for graduation.
Photo booth fun with my sweet girl..!
My friends Joy and Vette with Ken Ken..!

Dad,  Ken and mommy
At the Kentucky Derby Gala May 2,  with my hubs it was extremely rushed this year.!
I can't wait to go back again! I love seeing the dresses and the hats.
With my sweet girl at her Senior Day! All of the students wore their school shirt.
I had to order this shirt at the last minute because no stores in Memphis had an American University t-shirt…!
#Whew
I was so busy leading up to the Derby and I didn't really plan an outfit.
So, I grabbed this black dress that I picked up from Akira last summer in Chicago out of my closet and paired it with a white blazer and crimson sandals from Zara. I love the back and front..!:)

The decorations were sooo cute but I forgot to take pictures of everything..!
I was so busy this was actually the next day!:(

More decor…!
My students…I love them sooo much…!

Auntie Asia and Ken Ken…!
Quita is wearing a F21 dress and Jessica Simpson shoes and Mana Mane..!

I know that I will never get another high school graduation again for Kennedy..!  Looking forward to the future!
Thanks for stopping by! Love …Motifmana