Down.On.The."West Coast"..Part One !!


"Down on the West Coast, I get this feeling like it all could happen, thats why I'm leaving You for the moment, you for the moment..Yeah You"(Lana Del Rey) :)…!  I love that song by Lana Del Rey it reminds me of summer.  Hey guys, so my family and I traveled to the,"West Coast", on a family vacation for a little over a week. It was soooo much fun!!! Do you guys remember me mentioning in an earlier post  that I wanted to spend the next year doing,"38",  things that I've never done before?? Well anyway, I told you that I would share some of them with you as they happened .
 I wanted to visit Las Vegas ( I'd never been) for my birthday this year but the timing wasn't good, so the hubs and I decided that summer would be better. We initially planned on flying down there for a few days and coming on back. We aren't really gamblers or drinkers; an occasional beer, cocktail or a glass of wine for us but that's about it ( no judgements, just a little insight into who we are…!:)  Nevertheless, I wanted to experience it for myself. I had envision it to be a TOTAL different place from what it actually is. There is so much to do there and a lot for kids to do as well , especially kids over 13 years old! Anyway, after much planning, I realized that,"The Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam" were very close to Vegas and visiting them were on my bucket list. That made the trip even more exciting for me. Next, I had to convince Ken to travel with us. There was no way that I was going to see,"The Grand Canyon", without her. I pleaded with her for over a month, she already had a lot of traveling to do this summer and was not excited at all about going. To be honest she had no desire to go. I eventually gave up…. then, I thought about it, I'm going to make this decision for her myself…(Mommies Know Best…Right )?!:)) I would've regretted  seeing such an amazing sight without her!  Plus, I told her to invite someone to keep her company (Okay mom since you are making me go)…!:)  We decided the most economical way to travel and see the scenery ( also, something I've always wanted to do) would be to take a road trip. YES!!!!, It takes 24 hours to drive from Memphis to Las Vegas. Now, I know many of you are saying, "I could never do that"!! Yes, you could!! We stopped every four hours to rest, get gas and twice to sleep ( in Amarillo,TX and Flagstaff, AZ) It was a lot fun. Flagstaff, AZ was very nice ; we stayed there the longest. We had a chance to visit the old town square and Route 66. It's such a cute little town.  We played games (would you rather, named all of the states, capitols, presidents, drilled each other on historical and biblical facts), read books, sang a lot, watched movies,Youtube videos, told stories, listened to comedy and laughed a whole lot!!! It helped pass time and everyone was entertained. Of course all of us got annoyed at each other but it didn't last long. Each time  we became flustered it quickly dissipated and everyone was all smiles again!:)  I'm going to share some of the photos from Part One of  Down.On. The."West Coast"! I hope you enjoy!:)


This was actually our  last day in Las Vegas and the hottest. #104degrees
We had been blessed with much cooler weather our entire stay.
The weather was always in the 90s and really windy earlier in the week.

I bought this navy and dots two piece set from F21 last summer.
Got to love polka dots!:)
I am an effortless chic kind of girl. I never break the bank on summer clothes or everyday clothes.
 I have a philosophy about style:
As long as it looks like quality and is cute; the person wearing the piece makes it.
I like variety, I may have something for years and never wear it until I feel it is the right time.
First Stop:Flagstaff, AZ also known as Indian Country..!
Very nice mural in Flagstaff, AZ.
Las Vegas Blvd…Tory Burch Orange Sandals and Celine Bag!
I'm wearing vintage white sunnies! I'm a sucker for extra large frames!
 I always have been;the bigger the better!:)
 Flagstaff , Arizona #Route66

 
This was our second day in Vegas and it was hot but very windy.
 I had been sun bathing earlier that day so, I reached for an easy outfit to sight see and dinner.

 I purchased this skirt a couple of summers ago from F21.
 It's apart of their  Love 21 line so, I had to get it in an extra small.They have skirts like this periodically.
If you can't find what you are looking for there, leave a comment and I'll tell you other places to find a similar skirt.

       I am all into crop tops!!!  I hate ironing so being able to pair a crop top with a high-waisted skirt, pants or shorts is definitely my go to look for the summer.
I picked up this cute little top from F21 this year in a couple colors. They still have it!:)


Carrying my favorite go to cross body:Navy Tory Burch and wearing colorful bangles.


 Wearing Kensie gladiator sandals on  my feet and mint green earrings from F21!:)

Every morning the kids and I went to workout and then we got in the pool , jacuzzi and laid out.
We also had quiet time together and prayed. My kind of summer!:)


I don't have a perfect body but I'm pretty happy and so is He!:) 
Sunbathing in my Forever 21 floral  swim top and Gap yellow/white striped bikini and Prada sunnies ! 
I haven't bought any new swimming suits this season yet. 
I usually wait until the end of the season and rack up for Ken and I. I don't usually care if the tops and bottoms  match because I like mixing it up. Ken being a kid always want new suits every season!:/


We had just made it to the Las Vegas  Strip and boy was it windy.
 There was a wind advisory for the first few days while we were there.



I am wearing an American Eagle Crop top. I have it in several colors so
you will get to see the back of one soon!
Very cute! The pants are from my boutique Graceful K Boutique.
I love these pants, they are so comfortable and perfect for a  cool summer day or night.


Carrying a Chanel Black mini bag and wearing Sam Edelman GiGi sandals. 
I have them in several colors;they are great for walking. #SuperComfy

I am a very cold natured person so I always carry one of my denim jackets or a cardigan 
with  me everywhere I go. Great staple pieces….!



I will post Part Two of  Down. On. The. West. Coast. in a couple of days. 
Please leave comments below, I love hearing from you guys.
 Tell me what you think of my vacation pieces. 
Also, please join my site by clicking the blue button in the top corner of my blog that's  marked join this site. 
Thank you sooo much for your support! Xoxo ..Love Sharmana!