18 is a BIG DEAL…!

Hi Dolls,  If you follow me on IG or FB, you already know that my sweetgirl turned the BIG 18 last week. To be honest she wasn't that excited about turning 18. In her words,"18 is so blah, it's not like turning 16 and plus, I can go to the doctor's office by myself now and that's not cool!:) ". What do you mean Ken? "16 is exciting and new, you get your driver's license and it's just fun"! Ok, I can understand that ! However, from my position,"18 is a BIG DEAL and a milestone that deserves to be celebrated!"! I wanted to make the day a very special one for her. So, we started off the day with prayer (always giving God thanks for another day and of course another year) , a green juice (a must) and Bikram Yoga. After yoga, we went to lunch and did a little shopping.

 I asked her where she wanted to spend her 18th birthday months ago and she said NewYork City. Now you know…. I was down with that!:))))  See, this was the first birthday that we've spent together in a while. For the past 4 years, she's been studying at Brown University on her birthday. So, it  was very important for me to make this a very special day for her. She said "Mom I just want to be in New York and eat sushi (her fav) ! So, we made reservations for NoBu (yum yum), picked up cupcakes from our absolute favorite cupcake shop: Georgetown Cupcakes and we closed the evening out with a Poetry Slam. She showed interest in poetry last winter after watching various poets on Youtube. So, I thought that it would be a neat idea to take her to a live poetry slam. It was appropriate and an incredible experience for her. You must go to a Poetry Slam if you have the time on your next visit to NY.

Mommy and Ken..!

I made her take pics next to the  NoBu sign!:)))  This is the original NY location in Tribeca.
 There is another one in Midtown on 57th street!
Memories are important to me!:)

Ken is wearing a Brandy Melville  Black and Off  White Halter  top and Off  White Lace Urban Outfitters shorts.
These are her favorite stores to shop in beside American Apparel.


I'm not a huge fan of Japanese Cuisine but the food was AMAZING!!
Tempura Zuchinni…#YUM


Shrimp Tempura Roll and California Roll…!

Soft Shell Crab Roll…!

Joy  Joy and Ken Ken…!

I'm super proud of my sweet girl….!!!#18isaBigDeal

I looovee Georgetown Cupcakes…The Best!!! The original one is in Georgetown of course 
but I'm super happy that they've branched out..!:)

I thought a Kimono would be fitting for NoBu..! Don't you agree?

My Joy Joy and me..!:)

Skater Skirt, Crop Top,  Last year 's Kimono all from F21 and shoes are from Zara..

 The Nuyorican Poets Cafe is located in The East Village…It was so much fun and the Poets were simply Amazing!! It is a must do if you've never been to a Poetry Club or slam before. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!! The poets were all very talented!

The host was great and super funny!

I will never forget this night and the fun we had creating memories!! 
Many more to come…I can hardly wait!!


Yes sweet girl….#18isaBigDeal
Thanks for stopping by lovelies follow Ken at badgalkenken on IG (she is a huge Rihanna fan)
I love chatting with you guys!! Please leave your comments below!!
Love…Sharmana