“THAT NEW NEW 20” (40)




This Spring, I turned another decade older and I was somewhat conflicted about it. Don’t get me wrong, I'm extremely grateful to have made it to see “40" but saying it sometimes sounds a little WEIRD (in my Kennedy's voice)!!  I don't feel 40 years old and I know that I don't look it. BTW, I mean that in the most humble way that I can say it.  I'm pretty proud of the fact that I take care of myself and I plan on doing an even better job over the next year. In all honesty, it seems like just yesterday that I turned 20!:)) Which reminds me that time waits for no one so it's best that we get to really living while we can!! 
This past year has taught me more about life, people, myself and aging than ever before. I’ve learned to be content in every season and to truly trust God with every ounce of my being. In the near future, I'll share with you guys a few things that I've learned over the past year that has totally changed me for the better. 
I spent my 40th birthday on the beach with my absolute favorite girl in the whole world. 
I wanted to be by the water it's just something about the ocean thats so serene and healing.  
My Bestie Quita recently turned “40” a couple of weeks ago also and we celebrated with her over brunch at Stoney River Restaurant. 
What I wore: Zara Yellow Crop Top ||  Zara White Crochet Skirt || Sophia Webster Sandals|| Marc Jacobs handbag
What Quita wore: H&M Yellow Lace Dress || Sam Edelman Sandals || Tory Burch handbag
A few days before my actual birthday, I shared a beautiful night with friends and family.
Extremely blessed!!!
I'm SUPER excited about the next chapter of my life.Whatever God allows, I will humbly accept it with love and grace. Now to myself and all of my friends who are or have turned 40 this year ; welcome to "THAT NEW NEW 20"(40)!!!
Love, Sharmana